Skip to main content

Drupal views optimization - Filtering by taxonomy term

I have a client site that has always been a bit sluggish. I wrote part of it off to it being fairly large and very complex with a ton of modules and such.

It grew and grew to hundreds of users and 5000+ nodes and we decided it was time to move to dedicated. The migration was completed nicely and the site was up. Since we switched to dedicated I was able to do some improvements, replacing the search module ( a huge resource hog) with apache solr and doing some server tweaks that made things better.

Sweeper Beta 5

Sweeper Beta 5 is out along with various stability fixes.

Get it now!

Sweeper Beta 4

Things are looking great and hoping to go to RC soon for v1.0! If you have the time and expertise feel free to code review or report bugs. You can find Beta 4, hopefully the last "Beta" at the usual place.

New in this release:

  • Added sub-sorting to element sorting - Elements with the same placement will sort alphabetically. Overloads will sort based on the length of their parameters
  • Added task for adding missing access modifiers
  • Fixed a couple null reference issues
  • Restores focus to the original window after a full solution scan

Reversing the Z-order on a StackPanel

I had an issue the other day where I have an items control with an arbitrary number of items. I'm using Silverlight 4 and the MVVM pattern. The items to go in my ItemsControl were to be stacked horizontally, but with a negative margin such that the ones on top overlapped the ones below it. Since the items below it in the list get a higher Z-Index I had to reverse it.

I thought the solution I came up with to be nice and thought I'd share. I created the following behavior.

  1. namespace My.Application.Namespace
  2. {
  3.   using System.Windows;
  4.   using System.Windows.Controls;
  5.   using System.Windows.Interactivity;
  7.   public class StackPanelReverseZIndex : Behavior<StackPanel>
  8.   {
  9.     /// <summary>
  10.     /// Handles the onAttached event
  11.     /// </summary>

Sweeper Beta 3

I've been really bad about updating this blog. I've also been bad about putting regular releases of Sweeper out.

I've released Beta 3. Hopefully there will be a release candidate for version 1.0 soon to follow. I could really use your testing/comments.

New in this release:

  • Added static to element sorting
  • Added readonly/constant to element sorting
  • Added context menu item to solution
  • Added context menu item to project items

Check it out!